Unit 1: The wines of the world
- understand in depth what factors influence the style, quality and price of a wine;
- identify and describe the characteristics of still wines produced in the main wine-growing areas of the world;
- grasp the dynamics that lead to variations in the price of the final product, taking into account the activity of man, nature, laws and trade;
- understand in detail the production processes of sparkling wines and describe the style for the main appellations of the world;
- explain methods of production of sweet and fortified wines and describe the style for the main appellations of the world;
- master the skills necessary to provide information on wine in a professional manner and with a shared language.
Unit 2: Analytical Wine Tasting.
- taste and analytically describe the wine, giving an objective assessment of the quality and aging capacity;
- present a technical description of the wine using the Systematic Approach to WSET Tasting.